Friday, November 16, 2007

Time to update!!

I guess it has been longer sine I have been here to post than I thought! So much has been going on the the last month and that means that I have not been able to get here to post anything!

Business is going great. My promotion when into effect November 1st. I currently have 4 active ladies on my team (two of which have started in the last month). They are all doing well! In fact, they are all doing so well that it looks like I will be able to earn a trip to Hawaii!! I will only earn the trip for one, but still it is a great accomplishment. The next decision is going to be, will I take the trip and go with the girls, will we buy in John and him and I go with the rest of the winners, will I opt to take the cash buy out and use it towards a vacation for John and I at a later day? Such choices!

Halloween was a lot of fun this year! We decided to volunteer at the zoo for their annual Zoo Boo. Darrin loved that! Instead of going to collect candy, he was passing it out to the little trick-or-treaters that were wandering the zoo. When we left the zoo, Darrin asked if we can do it again next year. It was really a great experience for him. It was really a fun night! The funniest part was, only a handful of kids actually knew who we were dressed up as! But the adults all knew - apparently kids these days have no clue who the Addams Family is! We did get some photo's from Halloween posted so feel free to check them out!

In fact that photo site listed above is a great site that John found not too long ago that we have been using on a regular basis! It is fast and easy to upload pictures and create your own albums! Be sure to bookmark that site and check back frequently because we add new stuff - especially with the upcoming holiday's!

We also have found a really cool ScrapBlog website. Here you are able to create your own Scrapbook blog! I started doing a few pages and am probably going to do more. Very easy to do, we are just trying to figure out is there is any way that you can print out your pages after you finish them! Here you can find our adventures at the Pumpkin Patch this year and then our Halloween adventures. I am still working on the cover page for the Halloween Album and still need to add the photo's from trick-or-treating, so check back for those later!

The Holiday Season is right around the corner and everyone is busy getting ready. Thanksgiving once again is here at our house. We Will actually only have a small crowd this year. Brian, Brenda and Dessa are spending Thanksgiving with Brenda's family (there drove here last year to be with us). Dan is actually spending Thanksgiving with his family in California. This is the first year in many years that he will not be with us for Thanksgiving! So there will only be 6 of us this year. But we have 35 pounds of turkey to cook!

Yes that's what I said! 35 pounds and only 6 people! My uncle decided that he wanted to do a deep-fried turkey this year. Now I have tried DF turkey before and it is ok. Better fresh than reheated, but only ok. John thought the same thing... we want good leftover turkey! SO I bought the 10-12 pound turkey that will fit in the fryer and then a 24.5 pound turkey for the oven! Hard to say just how much will be left over! I just know that everyone will be able to have as much as they want and then some!

I am also trying to make the other side dishes as health friendly as possible. Last year I made many of the dishes with low fat and fat free products and no one noticed the difference, so I am going for it again this year! We are also trying some different recipes... onion, herb and chive mashed taters in the crockpot, stuffing also warmed in the crockpot, a new recipe for cranberries. I will post the recipes later if they are worth making again!

No comments: