Thursday, April 3, 2008

Knitting Project 2


The new project is coming along. I decided to do a knit tank top with some awesome yarn that I found at Patti's Yarn shop over on the east side of town. After knitting and ripping, then knitting and ripping some more I think I finally got the pattern figured out! And the scary thing, it was not a difficult pattern to begin with~ I was making it harder than I needed to!

The back is now finally just about half way done ~ everything seems to be going a little faster now that I have my brain working the right way on the project! I was making things way more difficult that they need to be!

I finally had a chance to stop at Loops and Links in DePere! What a great little shop! I will definitely be heading back there again! I found so many different yarns that I would love to add to my stash to use later, but I need to hold myself back sometimes so that I don't buy too much right away without a project in mind! I don't want my yarn stash to turn into the scrapbook stash that I have upstairs - tons of stuff and no ambition to do anything with it!! One of these days I will pull all of that back out and finish some of those scrapbooks!!

I did find my next project though!! Darrin has decided that he wants to new hats. One, he selected as just a simple stocking knit hat and the other he wants a Jester Style hat similar to the fleece one that he has now. BUT I found an awesome pattern online this morning for a Shark Hat (Thanks Allison for creating this!!!) I am going to bounce that pattern off of him when he gets home from school and see what he thinks! Then maybe once I get that one finished, maybe I will attempt a smaller one in a baby size for Jim and Jen's baby!

No comments: