Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Kittens catch their first mouse!

We knew the day was finally coming that our kittens would catch their first mouse! Today was that day! I got home from the gym to find the kittens both in the kitchen. Fozzy with a guilty look on his face and Silver was sitting on the floor in an odd position. It was after I started walking toward them that I realized that SIlver had a mouse in her mouth (realized it when she decided to drop it and it attempted to scamper off). Silver promptly poundedon it again and proceeded to bat it around the kitchen like a hockey puck. Fozzy sat there with a look on his face that said "but I wanna play with the new toy too!"

They must have caught it in the basement and hauled it back upstairs to play with it. We very rarely see mice upstairs so that was the only logical place where the mouse came from!

I managed to get past them, avoiding the mouse (I really do not like mice on bit!!) to call John to let him know that our kittens were officially mousers. It was at that time that I also decided that I would try and get a picture of them with thier mouse (probalby not the smartest thougth of hte day). As I was standing in the living room, leaving John a message, and picking up the camera, I turned around to find Silver prancing into the living room, proud as can be, with that little mouse hanging out of her mouth by it's tail! She was bringing me her prized to me to show it off!! I looked at her and told her to get away from me with that mouse and she decided to drop it!!

Apparently the mouse was nto dead - it managed to get away from Silver and scurried under the couch! THe cats tried getting under there any way they could to get that toy back! Unfortunatly I did not have time at that moment to try and find the (most likely) wounded mouse... I had someone coming over for some computer training in 15 minutes! I still needed a shower!

After Pam left and Darrin got home, we turned to couch over and there was no sign of hte mouse. We are hoping that it was not really wounded, just in shock and would be able to find it's way back to the basement. I am just hoping that it was still alive and I don't start smelling it pretty soon!!

At least we know that the kittens can catch those mice!!

No comments: