Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The list grows and nothing gets done

Why is it that when you have plenty of time to get things done, we alway manage to get nothing done?

This week, as DS is off visit Grandma, I have plenty of time to get caught up on that cleaning that I never seem to have time to do... mopping the floors, getting the blankets and such washed... you know - all that stuff that needs to be done but we all hate doing! I did my usual Tuesday morning run at work, came home, ate lunch and had every intention of hitting the bathroons and kitchen and getting some of that list done...

here is is, the end of the day and the trashes are emptied, the kitchen table is cleared (for anyone who has been to my house before you know - that table is never cleared off unless it is Thanksgiving Day and dinner was finished an hour ago!) and that is about it!

Where did the day go...

Granted there was the 4 phone calls from hostesses, trying to get shows closed, answered questions from past hostesses regarding exchanges etc, time spend laughing at the cats running through the house like their paws awere on fire. Did I really spend 4 hours on that? I guess I did!

Tomorrow is a new day... The list must get done! I hate leaving town for a long weekend without getting it done. I prefer to come home to a clean house so that I can relax after that long "relaxing" fun-filled weekend!

Which brings the next questions... if a long weekend is a "short vacation", does that mean I can take Tuesday off from work so that I can take a vacation from my vacation and rest before going back to work?

No comments: